Monday, July 8, 2013

Spray Paint Tank Top - 4th of July

I decided to try my hand at a project I found on Pinterest.

This is not a design I came up with on my own, but I was highly successful in the recreation of it, so I thought I'd share.

This is my no-sew, spray painted tank top.  I like it so much and got a lot of compliments when I wore so I'm considering making more - maybe just not so holiday centric.

I got a big plain white t-shirt from the men's section of Goodwill for $1.50.  I bought the spray paint at Wal-Mart.

The original tutorial mentions printing large stars out and then taping them onto the shirt.  I was able to find star shaped foam stickers at Wal-Mart which was faster, but cost a couple of dollars.

Here is a link to the original directions that I used for spray painting the shirt.

Here is a link to the YouTube video on how to cut the shirt into a tank top.

No comments:

Post a Comment