Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Peppermint Christmas Wreath


My house will never be immaculately clean inside...


My excuse...I have a two year old and we have a lot of clutter - and hideously dirty carpets.
(and yes..it is just an excuse because Jess has 2 kids and her house always looks awesome!)
Anyways, I decided I'd better spruce up my front door for guests.  Maybe warm them up a bit to my home before inviting them in. :)

The first wreath I've made is this Peppermint Christmas Wreath.

I bought a standard branch wreath from Michael's (you can find tutorials to make these - but I didn't have time for that just yet). 
 
During Christmas, you can find all sorts of random ornaments and embellishments at the dollar store, so that's where I did the majority of my shopping.  The ribbon, red cord, bows, and most of the peppermint items are from the Dollar Tree's seasonal section.  The rest is from Michael's.

I wrapped the wreath in the ribbon as well as the red cord - adding dots of hot glue as I went to make sure it stayed put.  Then I just tried to apply the embellishments with a creative eye (using hot glue) to the wreath.  I think it turned out quite pretty - however - I'm such a perfectionist that I feel the need to state that it is not as pretty as the wreath I saw for the inspiration.

Here's my final product!




No comments:

Post a Comment