Thursday, February 21, 2013

Princess Bridal Shower

TIME FOR A DISNEY PRINCESS PARTY!!!

I've edited the invitation and some of the pictures slightly so that there aren't any personal details here.

I designed this invitation on my own using a graphic I found during a google search.  I also downloaded a Disney font.  Then I had them printed on nice, thick photo paper.  The invitations were very simply and classy.


I set up the party so that each "area' would represent a different Disney Princess.  I didn't have all the princesses represented though.

The food table was the largest and the princess theme was Belle (Be Our Guest):


(Of course, I had toys from when I was little)

Instead of labeling each food item on the table tents, I put lyrics from the Beauty and the Beast song, 'Be Our Guest'.  I made the table tents by (again) editing a picture I found in a Google search.  Here's a closeup of one of them.



Here are the rest of my pictures from the food table, and beneath them I'll post the food that was served and where you can find directions for those (FYI: Pinterest)




 Food:
Veggie Cups: carrots & celery in ranch dip
Caprese Skewers: That turned out slightly different than the original picture.
                              (these are just a cherry tomato, a bit of mozzerella, & a basil leaf with
                               balsalmic vinegarette dressing sprinkled on)
Crackers w/Cheese & Pepperoni
Jello Cups with Strawberry Cool Whip: Mine turned out a little different. I forgot to save some
                              jello to mix into the Cool Whip, so I pureed some strawberries and mixed it in.
Mini Cakes with a strawberry on top
There was also a crock-pot of barbeque meatballs which somehow didn't make it into the picture.


The drink table was themed with Ariel from The Little Mermaid:


I made blue punch to be like the ocean and put Sebastian up there.  The goblets are just sparkling cider with fruit dropped in (strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries).  I also placed mini bubble wands because well...
"We got no troubles
Life is the bubbles
Under the sea"


Here is the Snow White area with the Wishing Well we made! Click HERE for the post on that.
There was a sign asking guests to write "well-wishes and advice for the bride"



 Cinderella was the star of the favors table. 



 The favors we handed out were mini glass slippers with a Disney Princess lip balm in it. They turned out super cute. I stuck each one onto a little card reading "Thanks For Coming!"
I bought the lip balm from Ulta, and I bought the mini glass slippers from Shindigz.com ($11.99 for 24 of them)

I made and printed a Disney Love Song Match-up game.  Click on the image below and you can save and use it for your own party!


4 comments:

  1. Can you please provide template or link for the tent card design?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the delayed response :( - but perhaps the answer can help someone else.
      If you click on the picture of the table card, you can save it and wipe out the text or replace it with your own alternate text.

      That image is pretty much all I used.

      Delete
  2. Very useful information on bridal shower party and quite sure you had a lovely time there. I am in search of lofty spaces for arranging my cousin’s bridal shower. Hope to book a venue in budget and manage things perfectly.

    ReplyDelete