Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thomas Birthday Party

My kid turned 2 in October (I'm pretty late posting this).



We had a Thomas party.  I unwisely neglected to take pictures of all my decorating, but here is a small amount of what we had.

Our food 'station' was this awesome Thomas train pulling various food cars (not yet filled with food in this picture). 
-The plush Thomas on the front is actually an Easter basket
-I made the train cars out of shoe boxes and placed bowls on them.
-The table runner that looks like railroad tracks is from Oriental Trading.


I had conductor hats and bandanas for everyone to wear (and take home as favors).
-The bandanas were also from Oriental Trading.
-The conductor hats were from Birthday Express.  They did cost a little more than the ones I originally ordered from a company off of Amazon, but those had to be sent back as they were quite terrible.


I made a simplistic little "photo booth" opportunity for the kids, but putting a Thomas poster on some large foam board and cutting out the head.  We staked this into the ground. 

(this is Jess' son)

Here's the cake I made.
-1 sheet cake and 2 round cakes (for the mountain)
-Buncha Crunch for the rocks
-Extra piece of plastic track and a birthday Thomas


 We had the party at a park but I also set up the following entertainment for the kids:
-Bubble Station which we called "The Washdown" (not pictured)
-The train table we gave Jaden for his birthday (we bought it second hand from Craigslist - we already had most of the track and trains).




No comments:

Post a Comment