Friday, January 4, 2019

Superhero Cakes!

I started a little Facebook business page for my cakes.  Mainly to be able to showcase them all in one place and get orders for more cakes (outside of just family).

Here's a compilation of the superhero cakes I've been doing for my kids - and other's kids. :)

 The first time I ever tried working with fondant was this cake.  I had some heartache with the blue layer because the fondant wasn't as soft when I un-packaged it.  I didn't know the softening tricks back then that I do now. 

It's still one of my favorites because the Iron Man layer lit up and it was 3.5 layers high (if you count the Hulk fist)



This is the only DC Comics cake I've done - Wonder Woman!  It was also my first time making a gluten free cake and it turned out wonderful.



For my youngest son's 3rd birthday I made simple Hulk cupcakes for his class at school and very NOT simply Marvel character face cupcakes for his party at home.  Those wound up being 22 DIFFERENT designs...yes you heard correctly. 



From left to right & top to bottom (for those who aren't superhero moms): Dr. Strange, Thor, (a 3 candle), Hulk, Falcon, Captain America, Deadpool, Hawkeye, Loki, Spiderman, Black Widow, Iron Man, Thanos, Ant-Man, Nick Fury, Red Skull, Black Panther, Vision, Starlord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, Groot





This next one is the a pull apart cake.  It makes serving cake at some parties much easier.  I like to call it "Swinging into Action"



My oldest son's new obsession is Black Panther.  For his 7th birthday I did a small size cake AND cupcakes. 



If you have any questions about tools used comment below.

To see more of my cake creations, you can visit my Facebook page here:
https://www.facebook.com/bugbakercakes/


No comments:

Post a Comment